COMMUNITY ACTION PARTNERSHIP OF LAKE COUNTY
Response Plan for Continuous Operations during COVID-19
Applications for assistance are accepted for:
Rent, Mortgage, Water/Sewer Bills, Shelter, Energy, and the Curbside Food Pantry over the telephone.
Services provided by Community Action Partnership of Lake County
Community Service Block Grant (CSBG):
Accepting Rent, Mortgage, Water/Sewer Bills, and Shelter (if needed) applications over the telephone or online via caplakecounty.org.
Offering daily curbside food pantry services during the COVID-19 pandemic. The CAPOLC Food Pantry is a free food resource for eligible residents.
Lake County Federal Emergency Rental Assistance Program (FERA)
Lake County, IL renters who face financial hardship related to COVID-19, may apply for the new Lake County Federal Emergency Rental Assistance (FERA) Program, which provides help for individuals paying rent and/or utility bills.
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
Accepting LIHEAP applications, Percentage of Income Payment Plan (PIPP) ComEd Hardship, NICOR gas Energy Aide, and North Shore
Gas Share the Warmth over the telephone or online via https://caplakecounty.org/.
|Telephone Application Process
||Online Application Process
||To Submit by Mail or Drop-off Process
Call 847-249-4330 from 9:00 am-4:00 pm
- Press #1 for Services; Press #3 for a call center representative who will schedule an appointment with a case manager for an over the telephone application.
- Once the intake information is completed, the case manager will confirm the documentation needed to submit in order to complete the application process.
Apply online at www.caplakecounty.org and click the ‘Apply for Assistance’ button:
- After clicking the button, applicants are directed to the Tele-Case Portal.
- New clients must click the Sign-Up link to create your personal account.
- Continue to follow prompts to complete the application and attach documents.
Note: Documents can be submitted via scan or photos from a cell phone.
After your appointment, documents can be dropped off at one of the following lockbox locations:
- 2424 Washington St, Suite 207, Waukegan, IL 60085
- 1305 N. Fairfield Rd
Round Lake Beach, IL 60073
- 213 Water Street,
Waukegan, IL 60085
Each location has a lockbox for document drop-off located outside of the facility. Lockboxes are checked hourly.